How to Use a Chocolate Fountain and Other FAQ’s
Chocolate fountains are a great way to bring some fun to your party menu. Who doesn’t love slathering yummy treats with dripping chocolate?
Where is the Best Place to Put a Chocolate Fountain at an Event?
- Place on a sturdy surface with plenty of room for several people to use the fountain at once.
- Place near an electrical outlet so your cord isn’t an eyesore or a tripping hazard.
- Make sure there is a trash can nearby to dispose of the skewers easily.
How Do you Use a Chocolate Fountain?
- Wipe down the fountain before assembling.
- Place the base in desired location.
- Insert the auger into the base.
- Insert the tower over the auger.
- Place the top of the tower on.
- Pour the chocolate in the base and start heating.
Watch this “How To” video on how to assemble a chocolate fountain.
What chocolate is best for a chocolate fountain?
How Much Chocolate Do you Need for a Chocolate Fountain?
How Do You Melt Chocolate for the fountain?
- Make sure the chocolate is in small pieces.
- If using a double boiler on the stove, fill the pot with enough water to come within an inch of the bottom of the bowl where the chocolate will be. If you are using the microwave, start with 2 minutes and then stir and then continue microwaving for 1 minute increments stirring between intervals until the chocolate is melted.
- If you aren’t using chocolate made for a fountain, add oil to the chocolate before adding it to the fountain (the ratio is 55% chocolate and 45% oil).
- Pour the chocolate into the base and turn to heat + motor. If you need to refill your chocolate, it’s best to pre-melt. You can add pellets, but it will slow down the fountain and may even clog it while the chocolate melts.
What Food is Best to Dip in a Chocolate Fountain?
- Donut holes
- Rice Krispy treats
- Pretzel rods
- Graham crackers
- Pound cake cubes
- Don’t forget skewers or toothpicks
What if the Chocolate Isn’t Flowing Evenly Down the Fountain?
If your fountain isn’t easily flowing all around, it may be un-level. There are legs on the bottom that you can twist to lower and raise each side. Once you get the fountain even, it should flow all around.
How Do You Clean a Chocolate Fountain?
Do not pour the left over chocolate down the drain, it could harden and clog the pipes. Dispose of as much chocolate as you can into a trash can. Scrape the remaining out with a rubber spatula. After the majority of the chocolate is removed, rinse and wipe clean. Do not let the chocolate sit and harden in the fountain. It will make clean up a lot more difficult. If this does happen, reheat the chocolate and then clean as stated above.
What else should I know?
Chocolate fountains can be very messy. In order to keep clean up easy, place your fountain on a tray so you don’t have this problem.👇🏼
Know what goes great with a chocolate fountain…a margarita machine!!! Check out this blog for more info.
View our Pinterest board here for some other great party food.
If you made it this far, I bet you are planning an event, here are some other articles that you may find helpful: