Everyone Screams for an Ice Cream Party
I love parties (and planning them) but there just aren’t enough days in the year to plan and throw all the parties I want to. This week, I decided to focus on a party that won’t take up too much precious party planning time – an ice cream party!
With an ice cream party, the food and entertainment collide making it an easy party to plan or even to throw together at the last minute. All you need is the tools and ingredients to make the ice cream, some bowls to serve it in, and the accompaniments to make sundaes and banana splits galore! Reventals has a great Ice Cream Party Bundle for rent which includes everything you need for your party. It includes an ice cream maker, Ben and Jerry’s book of recipes, an Ice cream scoop, and a waffle cone maker. There is even an option to purchase an Ultimate Toppings Kit which makes throwing a party super easy!
On top of the bundle, you may want to do Invitations, decorations, and a game (to play during any waiting time or when the guests are done eating their ice cream). Below are some easy ideas (if you are ambitious you can do even more – I have seen some pretty over the top ice cream parties!):
In today’s world, most people use Evite, Paperless Post, etc. to invite guests and luckily these sites have loads of online Ice Cream party invite options – check these out! But, if you just love a paper invite, there are lots of options for that as well. Check out these really cute printables. Or, if you are feeling really crafty, you can make your own – how cute are these? or these? And there are plenty more great ideas on Pinterest so browse away … but don’t forget, the invites are not the fun part of the party.
I think of colorful paper goods when I think of Ice Cream parties. There are a million ideas on Pinterest for decorating for the cutest party ever. Here are just a few. I say keep it simple and let the toppings act as part of the decor.
Some staples that will make your party cute without breaking the bank and creating extra waste are:
- Tablecloth – any bright color will do but I think of pink when I think of ice cream parties!
- Napkins – pair these with some plain napkins in bright coordinating colors.
- Bowls, spoons, etc. – this set comes with bowls and spoons and if you are ambitious you could even reuse them!
- Balloons – they are great for adding color and make a great favor at the end of the party.
- I also LOVE this Ice Cream truck – you could turn it into a party photo booth (think extra activity and memory maker) and kids would play with it all year – it could easily double as a birthday present for a birthday party. You could even repurpose an old appliance box and make your own, even better!
The options are endless – you can stick with the ice cream theme or just pick games you love to play. Here are some ideas:
- Pin the cherry on the ice cream cone – this one on Etsy is super-cute but you can easily make your own just like it if you have some spare time.
- Create and name your own Ice Cream Flavor – have each person (or team) use toppings, extract, or whatever to create unique flavors and name them. Then have a taste test and vote on the best, worst, and most creative!
- Taste test – buy a bunch of flavors and have a blindfold test – see who can name each flavor correctly.
- Ice Cream Bingo – here‘s a great print and play version.
- Ice Cream Eating Contest – see who can eat the most in a minute.
Or, why not combine your ice cream party with some fantastic outdoor games by renting the Birthday Party Picnic Bundle or the Outdoor Movie Bundle from Reventals? The Birthday Party Picnic bundle even comes with an egg and spoon race game – wouldn’t it be fun (and a lot less messy) to substitute cherries for the eggs?
This is really just a starting point. You could take this and create the diy party of the year or just rent the bundle once a month and have a standing ice cream party…you can’t lose because after all, EVERYONE screams for Ice Cream!!!